Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A four letter word

DIET!


There I said it. But not ALL diets are horrible. I decided to give the South Beach Diet a try after my friend and her husband tried it. She lost a little and he lost a ton! Isn't that the way it always goes with men. Another thing for us to resent them for right?! haha Since yesterday was June 1st, I decided to start the diet then. I weighed myself and I weighed 191 pounds. Hmmmmmmm. For those who do not know me personally, I am tall and thick. Even at my smallest my senior year oh high school I was a size 8 and weighted 135 pounds. Everyone kept asking if I started taking drugs because I lost 10 or 15 pounds over Christmas break because I was really sick with strep throat. People were even pulling my mom aside at church and asking her if I was "okay". I also had gotten braces and for a long time my mouth hurt like crazy. ANY WAYS....Right now I am 190 and I REALLY would like to lose 15 to 20 pounds. I would be totally comfortable if I could be around 170ish or so. At 170ish or so I can shop in the normal size section again and not have to go to the "plus size" section.

Day one came and went and by the end of the day I wanted to eat my arm off ( but I didn't! ) I stuck to the diet even though I had an extra snack, I stayed within the rules of what I was allowed to eat. For those who know nothing about the diet, the first two weeks are called phase one and they are super strict.

No bread.
No pasta.
No potatoes.


OUCH! Its tough. You also have to eat LOTS of veggies but the ones I like are not allowed so I am searching for things I like. Also no FRUIT which really sucks. After the two weeks are up you can add things back in like fruit. When you add bread and pasta back in you can only do whole wheat. Most of the time I do that any ways.

So what is the point of this post? One to let everyone know I was trying something new because I am sure to talk about it a lot and secondly because i wanted to share a recipe. In phase one you basically have eggs every morning for breakfast with whatever variation you can think of. This morning I put cauliflower puree in it. If you have not heard of doing that before it makes them so light and fluffy. try it and you will see.

3 or 4 eggs
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup cauliflower puree
cheese ( I used low fat because that is what I am allowed at the time )
Ham ( I like thin sliced deli select )

I greased the pan with olive oil, threw everything in and mixed it all up. It was delicious and Kayla loved it as well. If you do not like cauliflower, I suggest you try it with only 1/4 cup and you won't even taste it. It just makes them so light and wonderful. If you have not tried this before and you try it and like it, let me know. ENJOY!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...