Monday, April 26, 2010

Serious Business





When we make peanut butter cookies in this house, we mean serious business. My husband is not much of a junk food eater. In fact, soda is his choice of junk food and even that is diet. He does however LOVE Reeses peanut butter cups. He also loves my peanut butter cookies so he asked me to combine the two because let's face it. Peanut butter cookies themselves are just TOO healthy haha

I found this recipe on line one time and tried it. It is WONDERFUL. You may think I am crazy but I SWEAR organic peanut butter makes it even better. It makes the cookies crumbly but in a melt in your mouth, totally orgasmic kind of way.

Peanut Butter cookies

1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugar. Beat in the egg. Then combine all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Stir together and then add to the wet ingredients. THIS is where we go CRAZY. We take Reese's mini cups and crush them up and add them to the dough. THEN after I put it out on the cookie sheet I take another Reese's mini cup and smash it down in the middle of the cookie. They are HEAVEN!

Preheat oven to 375 and bake 8 to 10 mins. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look so delicious. I have tried cookies with butter fingers in them and they were good but reese's are my fav.

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

mmm! PB 'anything' is good but you added chocolate so this just sounds awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...