Friday, April 30, 2010

Embarrassing Moment

I thought I would add my blog to the NEW FRIEND FRIDAY over at the Girl Creative. Their topic today was most embarrassing moments. Mine is a BIG one!

So a few years back before I was married, they were doing a blood drive at my church. I had never given blood before. I decided it would be a good thing to do. I wasn't terrified of needles or anything so really there was no excuse not to. Well, on the way to the church building my sis and I realized we hadn't eaten lunch yet. That was a BIG mistake. So we went through a drive through. Mistake number two was I ordered a tiny salad. Mistake number THREE, my sister is TINY. She only weights 115 pounds which is basically the minimum amount you HAVE to weigh in order to give blood. When we were in high school the seniors were doing a blood drive and she didn't weigh enough to donate. We made fun of her ALL day. "Kim, you sure you weigh enough?" "Kim, you better not pass out." "Kim...." Well, you get the point. ALLLLLLL day long. Karma is a bitch, let me tell ya.

We get there and sign in. They test our iron and apparently my levels are enough to donate. By this time I had to pee. If you know me or my family we have to pee ALL the time. We never went on road trips as a child and I assume it was a combination of never having a reliable car and our SMALL bladders.

Any ways. I sit there for ever it seems like with the needle in my arm waiting for them to tell me I am done so I can pee. I mean really, HOW LONG CAN IT TAKE TO GIVE BLOOD. It took at least 20 or so minutes of torture. They tell me I am good to go sit in the snack area and have some juice and cookies. Really, I just wanted to pee. I sit at the table and my sister starts to say something to me. I remember her saying, "These cookies are actually really good..." and by the time the sentence was done I was GONE! I had blacked out. ME. All 150 pounds of ME ( HA I only WISH I still weighted only 150! ). There was a man walking by right when I fell out of my chair and he caught me luckily. My pants were not so lucky. I PEED! Seriously? At church, with people all around that I knew and would see on a regular basis after this. When I came too and realized what had happened and that I had peed I was mortified! I felt like someone was on a loud speaker yelling, "Clean up on isle 13!" While someone grabbed a mop and mopped up my pee. YIKES. Seriously worst moment ever!

So remember that Karma thing and PEE BEFORE YOU GIVE BLOOD!

The Girl Creative

Friday Follow

12 comments:

Jen said...

O.K. I have to admit I laughed my
butt off when I read about your
"accident"..Sounds like something that would happen to me! I'm visiting from NFF..I'm now your newest follower
Jen @ pineyflatsstyle.blogspot.com

Debbiedoos said...

OMgoodness, can't top that one! Now I have peed myself at the gym when jumping, but just a trickle lol! Found you from the NFF. Hope to see you over at my place too:)

Kristy Lou said...

Katie, just so you know... for future reference, it won't take that long if you drink LOTS of water all day before you go donate. I can usually get my whole bag done in about 4-5 minutes. And of course you know this now... but you also have to eat lots that day, and then you won't feel faint. I remember hearing about you fainting... but I seriously DO NOT remember the part about the pee. LOL

Katie said...

kris there is a reason you didn't hear about the pee! haha I WASN'T TELLING ANYONE THAT PART! Yes and now I know you are supposed to eat and drink plenty blah blah blah.

debbie and Jen I will check your blogs out when my kids take naps! :)

Unknown said...

I'm already a NFF follower from a few weeks ago, stopping in to say hello and to get a good laugh!

~lauri
http://knitsandreads.blogspot.com

Emily said...

lol, that is too funny! At least you had a good excuse! Great story!

Have a great weekend!

Katie's Dailies said...

Well at least you in an environment that you felt comfortable in---I mean, you could've peed in your grocery store! : )

New Friday Follow---I picked you because we have the same name! ;-) Have a great weekend!

Debbie said...

Now that is quite the story! Too funny:)
I'm a new follower from Friday Follow. Nice to meet you.

Mass Hole Mommy said...

LOL!! I'm over from the Friday follow!

Megan, Life Revamped said...

haha!

have a great weekend.
'comin' over from FF!

xoxo,
FickleInPink
fickleinpink, the dark side

P.S. Now a follower, too!

Happy Gramma said...

I am so sorry for you! That must have been sooooooooooooooo embarrassing!
I am following you from Friday Follow. Come visit me and enter my 2 fabulous giveaways. One ends Monday so Hurry!!
www.happyfamilyhappykids.blogspot.com

Fultmeyer Clan said...

so SO funny Katie! thanks for making me laugh and bringing up memories of highschool and that blood drive! I did the same thing, (passing out at the snack station that is, minus the pee!).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...