Friday, April 8, 2011

Dry Shampoo

Have you ever heard of Dry Shampoo?  I had but had totally forgotten about it.  That is until recently when Lesley from Fabulously Flawed ( hilarious blog by the way, check it out for a good laugh )  reminded me of it.  I decided to look it up on line and let me tell you the store bought kind is ewxspensive!  SO since this is green month, why not make it?!  Here is a great article I found that gives you 7 different dry shampoo recipes.  DRY SHAMPOO 

So for those who have never heard of this and are wondering what I am talking about it is a "shampoo" that is dry that you apply to your hair.  It draws out all of the oils and then you just brush it out and go.  That is it.  I have tried the cornstrach in my hair before with no success but I only tried it once and didn't give it a very good go.  Today we are off to meet some friends for lunch and I didn't have time to shower.  Normally I can go every other day with washing my hair and it looks fine.  Every since I stopped doing the no poo I need to wash my hair every day or it looks greasy.  Bummer.  I REALLY need to go back to no poo already....

Any ways, I think I will try putting some corn starch in my hair before we leave and see if it helps.  Let me know if you try this and how it goes!  Remember going green is all about making improvements to your health.  Dry shampoo is natural ( if you pick the right ingredients ) and helps keep your hair natural.  Also, going green is about recycling and making your own products.  This is perfect for this!  Hope someone tries this and enjoys.

1 comment:

Pure Images said...

I use baby powder and it's awesome. It doesn't work for super dark hair.... but it's fine on me. Try it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...