Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Birthday Card

My mother in law had a birthday a couple of weeks ago.  I wanted to make her a card for her birthday and send it to her.  I had an idea and it would have been great except for my pesky kids not wanting to cooperate.  How dare they, right?!  haha  I made three signs.  One said HAPPY, one said BIRTHDAY and one said NANA.  My IDEA was to have Tyler hold HAPPY and to take his picture.  Then I was going to have Kayla hold up HAPPY and have me take her picture.  Then I wanted the two of them to hold the sign NANA together and have me take one more pictures.  Tyler does his picture and all is well.  I give Kayla her sign and I can NOT get her to hold it up the right.  She wanted to hold it upside down so that she could read it.  Looking back on it now, I wish I would have just taken her picture with it upside down because I think that would have been cute too.  At the time I was frustrated and annoyed.  Why can't we just relax as mom's sometimes?  Sheesh.  Any ways.  I eventually got SOMETHING and made the card but it wasn't what I wanted it to be.  Here is what we ended up with




Then I used picnik.com to make the actual card.  If you have never heard of them or tried them go to their site and check them out.  I made my header through their web site too!


Overall it was cute and she liked it but I wish I had gotten better pictures.  Leave it to someone who considers themselves a "photographer" to not be able to get good pictures of my own kids!

1 comment:

Pure Images said...

That's seriously how I am with my kids too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...