Friday, February 18, 2011

Recipe Week: Day 5

Day 5 already?  Crazy.  I am glad to have something good to post for y'all today because I had a recipe I was wanting to share but have had a crazy week and didn't get to it yet.  I wanted to actually try it before I posted it.  Ironic since the first recipe from this week was one I have not tried.  That one I went ahead and just trusted my SIL and brother.  Since my brother said it was the best chocolate cake ever, I figured that was good enough for me!  :)

Today's recipe is one I actually got off of line around Christmas time.  I don't have the link any more but I know you could find it on Skip to my Lou .  I went back to try and put the actual link in but had trouble finding it and I am in a hurry to go take my kids shopping.  It was under a post about 10 editable Christmas presents.

ANY WAYS.  This is for a quick and easy breakfast that is good for you and YUMMY!  Not to meniton filling!  Wheat pancakes!  MMMMMMMMM

Wheat pancakes

2 1/4 cups wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 cup shortening or butter
1/4 tsp salt

Take your ingredients and put them in a food processor until it looks like corse meal.  If you do not have a food processor, then cut in the butter or shortening with two butter knives.  It works either way.  Once you have this mixture you can put them in a container and stick this mix in your freezer until you are ready to use it.  I always make a double batch and then it usually makes between 3 and 4 batches of pancakes.

Ready to make the pancakes?

2 cups mix
1 egg
1 cup milk

If you want to make these waffles instead of pancakes, add some oil to it.

Mix all together and enjoy!  I usually get between 7 to 10 pancakes depending on how big I make them. These are super filling. My husband can usually only handle two and he's stuffed.  I like 3 but usually don't finish the third.  The best part about this mix is it last for a while in the freezer and you can make pancakes whenever you feel like it fairly easily.  Plus you don't have to buy a mix with added crap!  I am all about trying ot rid myself of the extra crap because I am not the best at reading labels while in the store.  I always get them home and then get made that it has High Fructose Corn Syrup in it.  Do you know what amazes me?  The amount of ALL WHEAT products that have the High Fructose Corn Syrup in it.  Really.  Have you noticed that yet?  I bought wheat ritz crackers and it had it in them.  BOOOOO  I also bought something the other day and it was the FIRST ingredient in it!  Gross.

On a side note, I am SO happy to announce that they are starting to make wheat lasagna noodles.  You have NO idea how excited I am about this.  I always buy wheat noodles but was always bitter they didn't make them in lasagna ones.  I will say this though, mine kinda fell apart.  Especially the sides.  I made Kayla her own lasagna with all the sides that fell off.  It tasted wonderful though.  That's probably all that matters.  My husband who is a little picky about the wheat noodles said he tasted no difference.  SCORE!

Now go make some wheat pancakes!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...