Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Re-purposing Week: Day 3 Table Cloth Skirt

Today I am excited about my project.  I bought this table cloth last week at the thrift store with my sister.


I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it the second I saw it.  I wanted to make a skirt.  If you look up table cloth to skirt tutorials ( like I did ) you will find lots of instructions on how to cut the middle out.  You fold it in half length wise a couple of times and then you cut it in a circle pattern.  It's not complicated if you do the math right.  I over compensated on my math and my circle was a lot wider then my hips.  No problem.  I was planning on adding an elastic waste.  Then I started thinking.  I found a tank top that I haven't worn in forever.


I decided to use it.  I pinned the shirt right sides together with the table cloth.


I then used a zig zag stitch because I figured the tank top was stretchy and that gave the material a little give.  THAT'S IT!




I even went outside and tried to get a good picture.  I should have taken them BEFORE lunch when my stomach didn't stick out so much!  haha




I went to the post office and wore this all around the house while cleaning and what not today and I LOVE it.  It was so comfortable and you don't have to worry about your shirt coming up and showing your tummy or underwear.  WOO HOO

So go find a table cloth and a tank top and make your own.


CreativeShareWednesdays

3 comments:

Kim and Ender said...

It would be super cute with a belt or elastic band if you want to dress it up a bit. It looks very comfy.

Kristy Lou said...

I was totally thinking what Kim wrote...like a metalic brown belt would be super cute with the colors on that skirt.

Kristy Lou said...

I was totally thinking what Kim wrote...like a metalic brown belt would be super cute with the colors on that skirt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...