Sunday, August 15, 2010

Thoughts

Elder Marvin J Ashton said,

"Someone has said, 'A friend is a person who is willing to take me the way I am'. Accepting this as one definition of the word, may I quickly suggest that we are something less then a real friend if we leave a person the same way we find him...

"No greater reward can come to any of us as we serve than a sincere 'Thank you for being my friend'. When those who need assistance find their way back through and with us, it is friendship in action. When the weak are made strong and the strong stronger through our lives, friendship is real. If a man can be judged by his friends, he can also be measured by their heights...

"Yes, a friend is a person who is willing to take me the way I am but who is willing and able to leave me better then he found me"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...