Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sick Kid, Tired Mom

Yesterday I woke my boy up and he said, "Can we go tot Burger King Today?"  I told him we could go some where for lunch.  I wanted to go to JoAnn's or Michaels to look for a few things.  We left the house and I needed gas.  We drove around forever looking for a store to shop out and I never found the Michael's.  BOOOOOOO   Then we just drove around seeing if we could find something else.  Finally, I had to got to the bathroom and I could tell the kids were getting hungry so we found Burger King and ordered food.  RIGHT after I ordered Tyler tells me, "I am cold Mom."  I turned around and he was shivering WITH his sweater on.  Hmmmmm  I felt his head and sure enough he was hot.  DANG

We sat down with our food and of course he didn't eat a bite.  Then he randomly started crying because he didn't feel good. I paid 16 bucks for lunch and I got to eat MAYBE 6 or 7 bites of my salad and Kayla had a couple of fries and two chicken nuggets.  What a waste!

We get home and I give Tyler some chewable Tylenol.  He eats one and then I hear the worse words ever come out of his mouth.

"Mom, can you get me a bowl.  I need to throw up."  I thought maybe he was just being dramatic.  I went to the kitchen, grabbed and bowl and walked ( Not RAN like I should have ) with the back and as I was about to hand it to him he threw up all over himself.  DARN AGAIN!

So I gave him a bath, called grandma and then we went down for naps.  His temp was in the 102's.  DOUBLE DANG!

He took a two and a half hour nap.  My kid NEVER naps any more.  While he was down for a nap my stomach started hurting too and so did  my head.  I got him up from his nap and his temp was slightly lower in the 101's now.  We didn't have anymore liquid tylenol and I didn't want to make him eat a chewable again.  One time when I was little my mom kept giving me the chewable tablets and I was taking them out of my mouth and throwing them behind the bed.  heehee  They couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting better until my months later when my mom moved my bed for something and found like 15 of them back there.

Any ways.  The night was kinda rough.  He looked so pathetic on the couch.  I wanted to give him tylenol and Ibuprofen but our local market didn't have any.  Right before he went to bed I made him drink Kayla's baby Ibuprofen.  It wasn't quite a whole dose for him, but it was enough to help a lot.  Daddy also gave him a blessing.  He went to bed and knocked out.  I had the fan blowing on him and I checked on him several times threw out the night.  He was feeling pretty cool now.

At 5:30 in the morning and started to roll over in bed and opened my eyes to see Tyler standing by my side of the bed staring at me.  SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!  haha  I said, "Tyler you scared me."  He said, "Mom I am hungry!"  He hadn't eaten anything but ice chips because he threw up juice, his Tylenol and even a popsicle.  Poor kid.  I told him to was too early to get up and he crawled into bed with us.  It sounded like he fell back to sleep right away.  About 5 minutes later I opened my eyes to check him and he said, "Good morning mom.  I want cereal.  Daddy do you want cereal?  Let's all have cereal!"  Poor kid was SO hungry.  I got up with him and we sat on the couch eating cereal and watching TV.  Every time I would try and close my eyes he'd talk to me.  Daddy got up at 7 and I said, "Goodnight!"  and laid down on the bed for around 45 minutes or so.  Poor TYler was felling better and REALLY wanted to play on the computer.  We let him and he lasted about an hour until he was exhausted from sitting up and is now feeling yucky again. Poor guy.  He keeps saying he is hungry and wants to eat SO bad.  He has kept everything down today but it's hard to know what to give him.  He doesn't like much.  I am so glad Daddy had the day off.  I have been cleaning and in a minute I am putting the kids down for naps and taking off to the store BY MYSELF!  It will be the first time since we moved here that I will be bale to go passed our town and into the next ALL BY MYSELF.  Cody is going to do homework.

We were looking forward to this weekend because it's a 4 day weekend for Cody.  We were going to try and go to Utah. That was a no go.  Then I was going to try and get up this morning and go get my license at the DMV.  THAT was also a no go because of Tyler.  Don't you just hate when plans do work.

Hope you guys enjoy your day.  It will probably be a couple of days before I have any projects to post but hopefully in a day or two I'll post a recipe for y'all.  Did anyone try the honey and brown sugar scrub?  My face is still feeling fantastic.  :)  Let me know if you tried it and liked it.

1 comment:

*Lauren* said...

Poor Tyler! Hope he gets better real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...