Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Few Projects

I have had some sewing projects this week.  Sometime I have crazy weeks for no reason.  Sometimes I have a lot of sewing I have to do.  Sometimes the house is a MESS and someone is coming and I have to clean.  This week my house wasn't too dirty but we were having people over for dinner Tuesday so I did need to clean some.  Mainly the kitchen.  I HATE doing the dishes so often they pile up.  Ours were piled up.

I got our house cleaned and a couple of small projects done early in the week.  I FINALLY got my other flowers sewn on the purse I made myself.  I had decided on the three  flowers a while ago but then just kept putting off actually sewing them on.  I like to sew the flowers and not glue them.  Especially when it was going on a purse I sewed.  It takes longer but sometimes it is worth it.

I'm babbling, I know.  Here are some of the things I can show you that I worked on.

First I got a custom order for someone on etsy again.  She wanted a garter set for her wedding.  She wanted them really simple and she wanted her future husband's name on a charm hanging from it.  Here is what I made



Then I had been asked from someone at church to make her daughter a scripture case.  Not sure if you remember the auction I talked about having at church a couple of months ago.  I had made a scripture case for it and two different girls tried to win it.  The one who didn't win asked me to make her one EXACTLY like the one the other girl won.  I know how girls can be, especially young girls.  I didn't want to do it exactly the same just in case the other girl got upset.  SOOOO  I made the case the same but changed the flower on it.



I made the flower so it can come off and I put an alligator clip on it so she could put it in her hair if she wanted!



Do you see the perfect pink felt circle on the back of the flower pin?  I found them on etsy and I LOVE them.  YOu get 10 of the circles and they are self adhesive for only $1.99.  The store is called Bitsy Bands.  Click on the link if you want to check out their store.  LOTS of good supplies for really cheap there.  I bought like 5 or 6 things from them and with shipping I only spent 11 dollars!  Score.

The other thing I can actually show you is this bow tie I made someone at church.


I LOVE this bow tie.  I bought a fat quarter at JoAnn's when they were on sale and I KNEW I wanted to make a bow tie.  There is this cute boy at church who is 7 to 9 months old.  Not sure exactly and I don't even know his name.  I know his mom and in a couple of weeks I am going to be taking pictures of her kids.  I seriously CAN'T wait!

The other things I sewed this week were for my home made gift exchange.  I can't wait to send her stuff on Monday and for her to get them so I can show you the fun stuff I am sending her.  It was fun making stuff for someone you don't know.

Happy Sunday everyone.  I hope you had time for all of your projects.  I have a list a mile long and I am leaving Thursday for Utah so I have limited time to do it.  Let's hope I can manage my time good!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...