Friday, May 13, 2011

Momma's Got a New.....Hat

Back in December I made myself a hat.  I was SO excited to get it done.  I pick out really cute fabric and when I got it done it wasn't quite what I thought it was going to be.  Then I went to put it on my head and it was too small.  I was SOOOOOO depressed.  I found it a good home however so that was good.  My friend Amadnalyn had given me a hat and she was at our house helping us move the night before we left Texas and she tried it on and it fit.  Maybe it was meant to be.  I meant to make me a new one as soon as I got moved in here in Cali.  Well as you can see that didn't happen since it is now May 13th and I just BARELY made a new one.  My friend is having me make her niece a hat so I figured I'd brush up on the pattern by finally making mine before I made hers.  I changed one of the fabrics and didn't put interfacing in the inside this time.  I'm a little slow though because I also made me the next size up, not thinking that DUH if I didn't put interfacing in it the other size should have fit.  Oh well.  I LOVE how it turned out but it is a little big.  That is an easy fix. I am contemplating opening it up and putting interfacing in it, OR just adding more elastic.  Well shall see.  Check it out





Not the most flattering pictures of me but that's okay.  Now I want to make another one and make the bill smaller and use the interfacing this time.  This was made using the Izzy and Ivy Jack and Jill pattern.  I modified it in a couple of places.  My mom and I have both used this pattern a couple of times and we don't like how long the sides are. So I shortened that part and I made the color band the runs across it a different size too.  That was purely because of a shortage of fabric on my part but I like how it came out. I can't wait to see how my friends turns out.  I used the boy version because let's face it, I'm just not into the girl ruffle and HUGE flower on the other one.  I think it's adorable for little girls but not so much for grown women.

Any ways, I am babbling.  Happy Friday everyone.  I got to have lunch with a long time best friend today and it was nice.  I had to drive an hour and a half one way to get there but that's okay.  On the car ride back I was thinking about dumb stuff and realized my license had EXPIRED!  So I have been driving for almost  2 months with an expired license.  I even just drive from Utah and back.  Good thing I do not speed and I am a careful driver.  In California if your license expires you are out of luck!  No such thing for Texan's.  I got on line, renewed my license, paid my 25 dollars and they are mailing me a new one.  I LOVE TEXAS!

PS I have been doing the no shampoo thing since I got back from Utah and this time around my hair has been great.  The key for me has been to use only a little bit of baking soda.  I put water in a water bottle with a pop top and then add a spoonful or two of the baking soda.  It makes the water slightly slimy and THAT is what my hair is loving.  :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

Way cute Katie! It looks great with your new haircut, too.

I'm gonna have to try the baking soda in the water bottle. I know you posted about how letting it sit in water makes it better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...