Friday, May 6, 2011

Birthdays

It was my sister and Dad's birthday on Wednesday.  My parents tried for years to have kids and after considering adoption they found out my mom was pregnant.  She gave birth to my sister Kristy on my dad's 30th birthday.  May 4th.  We celebrated and it was fun!  We started off with lunch.  I had my boy Tyler take a picture of us at lunch and he took the best picture.  Perfectly centered and my camera is BIG.  I was impressed.


This is my sister Kim, our friend Liz, Kristy, Me and Kayla.  Kayla was wearing her skull dress I made her.  :)  Then my sister Kim and I took the kids to the mall and bought cards and a gift card for my dad.  Then I went back to my moms house and finished my sister's present!  She loved the birdie sling purse I made my mom and I so my mom bought her some cute fabric and then had me sew it.  It turned out really cute.




The last picture is of the inside.  We made Tacos and chocolate cake but it wasn't just ANY chocolate cake.  It was a chocolate chocolate cake!  YOu take a box chocolate cake mix ( or make your own chocolate cake from scratch )   Then you take a cook and serve vanilla pudding and make it according to the box directions and add it to the other mix.  Cook at 350 for 20 minutes.  Take it out of the oven and dump a whole bag of chocolate chips right on top so they melt.  Then you add walnuts!  Me and the kids don't like walnuts so we did half with and half without.  Check it out



Kids loved it too!  Funny because I was planning on making the cake but I was making taco shells for dinner so my dad ended up making his own cake!  But I did make some home made whip cream and we bought some vanilla ice cream to go with it.  It was delicious.  We also got a slip n slide for the kids to use out side.  They had tons of fun.  Baby Jacob had not be in a sprinkler before.  He loved it and it only took him a couple of minutes to realize that if he leaned forward he could drink the sprinkler water.



Then Kayla had a bath and RIGHT when she was getting out of the tub her Daddy for to my parents house!  We hadn't seen him in almost 2 weeks and the kids were SO excited.  It was a fabulous day all around.  Happy birthday Kristy and Dad!  Hope it was as enjoyable for you as it was for the rest of us.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...