Saturday, January 9, 2010

Purses

I am OBSESSED with making purses!! Here are my latest

For my SIL Stacie





I made this for her ON Christmas! haha It only took me two hours tops and I think it turned out really cute. I LOVE the fabric I used for the top and inside. I have had it forever but it is stretchy and so I hadn't figured out what to do with it yet.

Then I made this diaper bag for myself



And guess what I made it out of? ( and guess what? I have another one in a fabric that is WAY cute so I can make something else out of it! )




I took the sleeves off to make the bottle holders on the side



And the stretchy pocket on the inside of the bag. I separated it by stitching in down the middle.



Then I took the existing pocket from the shirt/cover thing and put it on the other side of the inside of the bag!




I LOVE how the bag turned out but I am not in love with the bag itself, if that makes any sense. I made it a little too big and I am not IN LOVE with the pattern on the material. I like it a lot, I just don't LOVE it. But for it being my first diaper bag and pretty much winging it, I love it. It was pretty easy too. Now I just need to make a cute one out of material I LOVE and figure out if any one wants this one.....Any takers?


Then I made a purse I AM in love with. I don't know how often I will use it because the fabric is LOUD and its a smaller purse but check out how cute it is






The inside is SOFT! Cody turned it inside out and rub his face with it. heehee Now I have to make a purse for my sister in law Lauren, a purse for my hoodrat Stacy and a diaper bag for my bestie Sarah! Yeah

I know it seems like I have been a busy sewer...Not really. This was all during Christmas or the week after. Cody left on Monday and the only thing I did this week was this:




Both I did by hand while watching TV after the kids went to bed. I really want to get to a place where I feel like I am good enough that I can maybe sell some things. The hair clips I could totally sell now because there really isn't much to those, but the sewing makes me nervous. Any ways the one owl thing is a holder for my phone which turned out cute but I made it slightly too short so I need to redo it one of these days and then the other is a beanie I made for Kayla. I LOVE how that one turned out BUT It is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too big. I decided to just wait until next year instead of trying to fix it. It will still be cute next year because I KNOW I will STILL love Owls then too. :) I made it out of a sweater my friend Sarah gave me. Don't worry, I asked permission before I cut it up. She just laughed at me and then wondered what I was going to do with it. I LOVE IT!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...