Saturday, October 9, 2010

Car Cozy for Colin

My friends boy turned 2 last month.  she kept saying how he was really into cars.  I thought, "I'll make him a car cozy!"  Then I had a million other things going on and didn't have time to make it.  SO a couple days before we left to go to Utah I got my butt in gear and FINALLY made it!  It turned out cute but I wish I would have had a little more time.  I was planning on putting in some stops signs, a yield sign and a Rail Road crossing sign but I just ran out of time.  Any ways, here is the finished product.





I also put Thomas the Train fabric on the outside so he could flip it over and ride his cars or trains on those tracks as well. I hope he liked it. We went and dropped it off at their house Friday morning and he was far to busy to see what I had made him. I totally understand. Maybe he was punishing me for not having it done ON his birthday like I should have. haha Either way, Tyler wants me to make him one because he thought it was SO cool. It was kind of a pain because the felt didn't want to stick to the fabric I choose with the iron on adhesive. I sewed them all down on all sides but the iron on adhesive was just so they didn't slide around while I was sewing them. Oh well. Next time I know to use different fabric and probably not felt. We'll see...

1 comment:

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

He was so busy since he had access to his bikes lol but he LOVES his car cozy. It's the perfect gift!!! His big sister loves it just as much. Thanks Katie - you're awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...