Friday, August 5, 2011

Butterfly Purse

Can I just tell you how happy it makes me when I ACTUALLY get some crafting done when I haven't had time?!  SOOOOOO happy.  My sister was here visiting so I wasn't crafting at all and then my house was a mess.  I got it almost cleaned and then decided it didn't matter any more because if I didn't sew SOMETHING I was going to go crazy.  Does anyone else ever feel that way?

Any ways.  I saw a purse at a boutique in Utah while I was there and thought it was really cute.  They wanted 18 dollars for it though and it didn't even have interfacing in it and the handles were made out of ribbon.  Hmmmmm.  I didn't think it was worth 18 dollars for those two reason but it was such a cute girly purse.  I quickly clicked a picture with my cell phone and knew I would have to try it.  I went ahead and didn't do interfacing either and made the handles out of the ribbon.  It's perfect for a little girl who is going to just put little toys and things in it.  Here is how it turned out




I love the fabric!  I got it as a fat quarter for 99 cent when I was in Utah.  I also got the inside fabric at the same price.  So basically it cost me maybe 5 bucks to make and didn't take that long.  It took maybe 2 hours and that was because I took pictures along the way so that come Monday I should have a tutorial up!  WOO HOO  I have been wanting to do a tutorial again.  So there you have it.  Monday or Tuesday I should have the tutorial up and just so you know it takes less then two fat quarters for the out side and inside and then scrap fabric to make the lady bug.  Fat quarters are on SALE at Joann's right now for 99 cents!  Go grab a couple and come back Monday so you can make your own.  I am hoping to have some different animals too.  I REALLY want to do an owl or a butterfly.  Here's hoping I have time!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...