Saturday, December 12, 2009

Purses

I mentioned in my last blog that I have been starting to make purses. I think I might be obsessed with them. I am going to end up with 50 purses. I made a pre-run on the one I was making my sister Kim so I used my cheap fabric I got for like 50 cents. The bag ended up costing me like a dollar to make and turned out pretty cute.



It's so hard to see the detail because the pattern on the fabric is so busy but there are three different pleats on each side of the bag.

Then I saw this really cute clutch on etsy.com and the pattern for it was 6 bucks. I thought, "That's not to expensive." Then I looked at it closer and thought, "I don't need a pattern for that! So I grabbed some fabric, cut it out and started sewing. Pretty much 30 minutes to an hour later I had this





I think it turned out way cute and can't wait to try it again with interfacing. I didn't bother using any because I was just doing a trial run but next time I will take the time to use it and make the bag sturdier.


I can't wait until after Christmas so I can post pictures of the purses I have made for my mom and sisters. So far I love all of them but one of them I especially love and totally want to keep! haha So I think I might make myself one next. ( even though I already started myself a purse like 3 weeks ago and then ran out of creative ideas and decided to hold off on it until after Christmas ) I am also WAY excited to take pictures of my little girl tomorrow. I finally finished the dress my mom and I started while I was in Utah. It turned out so cute and I can't wait to see it on her!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...